From Hanoi: You can go to any bus station in Hanoi such as My Dinh, Giap Bat, Gia Lam, … to take a bus to Ninh Binh, whenever you are ready, bus is always available. It is more convenient for you to go by private car or motorcycle, From the center of Hanoi city, you go to Giai Phuong street and go through Giap Bat bus station about 3 km, visitors turn left 1 km to Phap Van – Cau Gie, then continue in the direction of Cau Gie – Phu Ly – Ninh Binh. It will only take about 1h-1h30 to Ninh Binh by shutle bus.
From Sai Gon: If you are in Sai Gon, you can go to Mien Dong bus station to catch the bus to Ninh Binh or you can come to Hanoi then you go to Ninh Binh.
Other Central and Southern Provinces, you can go by car to Saigon, then follow all instructions as above. Or you go by plane to Hanoi and catch the car to Ninh Binh.
Hanoi: You need to go to Hanoi railway station and buy train tickets to Ninh Binh: SE1 depart at 21:09, SE5 depart at 11:14, SE7 depart at 8:29. Train tickets will cost more money depending on the seat type (about 100,000-200,000VND).
Central and Southern provinces:you should arrive Sai Gon train station to catch the train to Ninh Binh. SE2 depart at 16:55, SE8 depart at 12:49 (about 1,000,000-2,000,000 VND)
You can rent a taxi or motorbike to travel in Ninh Binh during your stay here. But the best way to cut back on expenses.You should, rent a motorcycle . It is cheaper and more initiative to explore Ninh Binh. With a group of tourists, you can rent a touring-car.
This area is home to a lot of hotels, motels, restaurants, travel centers and travel services for foreign backpackers and budget tourists. Ninh Binh has become a familiar address and the gathering place of foreign visitors to the city. Currently, there is a 5 – star resort in Ninh Binh (Emeralda Resort Ninh Binh in Van Long ecological tourism), in the center of city, there are many high-grade hotels up to 3-4- star standard, and a series of hotels and motels are popular with price from 300.000 VND or more.
Learn from experiences of backpacking trip in Ninh Binh,to save on expenses, you should book hotel before departure,specially, in the high season of tourism it is difficult to book any hotel. However, before booking you should also find some hotels in Ninh Binh to know which hotel suits your needs, from price, service, quality, comfort, easy transportation, security and service attitude.
Online hotel booking sites or Travel Agency in Hanoi to find the best hotel in Ninh Binh.
Only 7 kilometers from Ninh Binh city center to the south, Tam Coc is a famous scenic spot of Ninh Binh which is likened to “Ha Long Bay on land”. It owns thousands of limestone mountains along the river, creating a very spectacular landscape. Coming to this place, visitors have the opportunity to row around the Ngo Dong River through the cliffs, discover mysterious caves, and watch the golden rice fields … All create a “fairy place” making any tourist fall in love.
Am Tien Cave, or Tuyet Tinh Coc, is located in Hoa Lu Ancient Citadel. Most of the area of Am Tien cave is flooded and surrounded by rocky cliffs. It used to be an ancient crocodile pond to treat guilty people. Previously, Am Tien Cave was in the middle of the mountain. People had to climb through 205 stone steps through the cliff to reach the cave, but now there is a tunnel through the mountain into the cave. The cave is shaped like a dragon’s mouth so it is also called the dragon cave. Many stalactites have a shape of paddy, money tree, Buddha fruit, lotus flower buds and drops of water.
Trang An is recognized as a World cultural and natural heritage. With pristine and charming natural landscapes created from rivers running through limestone mountains, intermingling are fanciful, mysterious caves. Like Tam Coc Bich Dong, coming to Trang An, visitors have the opportunity to glimpse the boat through the mountains, enjoy the water here, and explore the famous caves here such as: Sang Cave (Bright Cave), Toi Cave (Dark Cave), Nau Ruou Cave (Cooking Wine Cave) .. Especially, if coming here in the autumn, visitors will admire the lily flowers blooming on the water, making the space more poetic and romantic
Bai Dinh pagoda is a large population known as many records such as the largest pagoda of Vietnam, the biggest gold – plated copper of Asia and the longest lobby in Asia. The pagoda is located at the western of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, belonging to Gia Sinh commune, Ninh Binh. It is far about 15 kilometers from Ninh Binh province and 95 kilometers from Hanoi. Bai Dinh Pagoda population has the area of 539 hectares including 27 hectares of ancient Bai Dinh pagoda, 80 hectares of new Bai Dinh area… From 6th January to the end of March( lunar calendar), the festival of Bai Binh Pagoda takes place, attracting hundreds of thousands of tourists to visit and pilgrimage the pagoda
Cuc Phuong National Park belongs to Nho Quan District, Ninh Binh province, is bounded between three provinces of Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh, and Thanh Hoa province. It is far about 100 kilometers from Hanoi to the southwest. Cuc Phuong national park is the first national park in Vietnam, established in July 1962. Cuc Phuong National Park has a population of abundant flora and fauna.
Located in Ninh Hai commune, Hoa Lum district, it is home to hundreds of bird species with a population of about 50,000.birds. Sitting on the boat to enjoy the place here, visitors can feel the beauty of the pristine heavenly land that it is hard to get anywhere, watch the white flock hovering over a corner of the sky, or learn about the living habits of the bird species here …
In addition to the tourist attractions and cultural discovery tours to scenic mentioned above if you have time, you can go there:
– Hoa Lu relic site: relics, ruins of palaces, temples, pagodas, tombs still exist until today … We would like to share one experience in travelling in Ninh Binh. When you visit Hoa Lu, you should not miss Ngan Xuyen Pagoda (near the foot of Ma Yen Mountain) and Nhat Tru Pagoda (about 200 meters away from the King Le temple) for sightseeing and incense offering. These temples are so beautiful and sacred
– Phat Diem stone church: Built in Gothic style, Phat Diem stone church is the most beautiful Catholic church in Vietnam.
– Other tourist destinations: Shunshine Valley, Ma Tien cave, Dong Chuong lake, Non Nuoc mountain, and Kenh Ga hot spring.
If you wouldn’t like to travel by yourself you can book all Ninh Binh Tours dirrectly with us to save your time and get Best Deal.
– Goi ca Nhech which is one of the delicious dishes not to be missed while traveling Ninh Binh. Goi ca Nhech Kim Son is not only known in Ninh Binh, but also is famous throughout the North, because of its distinctive taste, smell delicious. Just only one time you try, you will remember forever taste.
– Nem Yen Mac: Although it is not as famous as Nem Ninh Chu or Nem Thanh Hoa, nem Yen Mac is one of the famous specialties in Ninh Binh. You can buy this special gift as a gift from Ninh Binh tourism.
– Mountain Snail Tam Diep has long been a famous dish in Ninh Binh. This snail that lives in Tam Diep Limestone Mountains and is very nutritious, because its main food is grass and medicinal plants in Tam Diep Mountain. Mountain snail is crunchy, tough, sweet and distinctive flavors.
– Mien Luon – the most delicious place is of Mrs. Phan. You can go to Tran Hung Dao intersection (Ninh Binh city) to enjoy this dish.
– Sour mackerel soup: Mackerel Truong Yen which is very fat,firm meat and sweet, so is often processed into a sour mackerel soup. Gradually, this dish becomes the main course in the menu of restaurants and hotels.
This famous specialty is present at most restaurants in Ninh Binh. Ninh Binh Mountain Goat is raised on cliffs and eats leaves of medicinal plants, so their meat is very fragrant, firm and nutritious. There are nearly 20 ways to process goat meat such as half-done meat, soup, fried goat meat…
– Other delicacie: Can alcohol Nho Quan, Lai Thanh wine, Gia Vien sprat sauce, Nho Quan sticky rice ant egg, To Nhu “bun moc”, stuffed sticky rice balls, roasted crab with la lot, fish cooked with sauce and gao in Ninh Binh.